Catch them young; as the saying goes, It is of paramount importance that the younger generation
needs to be aware of their role in taking care of our environment. Namma School is a project
designed to work with schools to educate and empower the entire eco-system by involving schools,
teachers, parents and children. Highlights of Namma School
- Conduct awareness programs in schools to educate children and parents on waste management.
- Provide activities for children on waste management so that they learn by doing.
- Field trips to water bodies, nature parks and places where they can get an opportunity to be a part of nature
so that they understand the ecosystem and the importance of nature conservation.
- Programs to inculcate the habit of responsibly using natural resources like water and being thankful for the same.
Role of School:
- Provide the necessary infrastructure for waste management like composting pit, segregation bins etc.
- Accommodate time for various programs for children and parents every month.
Role of Children:
- Follow the rules on waste management.
- Perform activities provided by the resource persons as part of the project.
Role of Parents:
- Practice waste management at home.
- Support children to undertake various projects and activities given as a part of Namma School project.
Role of Teachers:
- Support the students to perform their activities on waste management.
- Help parents to cope with lifestyle changes that promote conservation of the environment.